UPDATE: While we are still at Alert Level 2, please make an appointment for passport and visa photos. Appointments are possible after 3pm if needed. Please check this page for daily updates of available times. Contact tracing is in use here. We are using social distancing as much as possible.
www.PassportPhotosWellington.co.nz - expert service, guaranteed results.
Professional photos for passport, immigration, visa and ID. Instant printing.
Digital files available for New Zealand and all international passport and visa photos. Photographer: James Gilberd, B.Des.(phot.).
- Photospace, 1st floor, 37 Courtenay Place, Wellington, New Zealand.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 04 382 9502 from 10am to 4pm | 027 444 3899
Photospace is the only location in the Courtenay Place area that offers a full range of instant, biometric passport, visa & ID photos.
Available appointment times for passport photos
While we are still at Alert Level 2, please make an appointment for passport and visa photos. Appointments are possible after 3pm if needed.
Saturday - 30th May - sorry, not available today
Monday 1st June - CLOSED for Queen's Birthday
Tuesday 2nd June - 10am-5pm today
Wednesday 3rd June - 10am-3pm only
Thursday 4th June - 10am-3pm only
Friday 5th June - 10am-3pm only
Saturday 6th June - I will take morning appointments if urgent
Monday 8th June - 10am-3pm only
Please note: if you think you have possibly been exposed to Covid-19, or if you are sick with a cold, flu or other infectious disease, please don't come in.
Please be patient and observe social distancing as much as possible.
Digital files of passport and visa photos are usually sent to you by email within 10 minutes of taking, If you haven't received your photo, please check your spam folder before emailing me at email@example.com
If you need a profile photo for business purposes, you will need to make an appointment, as it's a more complex photo shoot done in the main studio.
Pricing (cost per person)
Online passport renewal for New Zealanders
It is now usual for adult and children's NZ passports to be renewed online, and to get first-time adult passports online. This system is a world first and works very well. See www.passports.govt.nz
We can supply a suitable, tested photo file straight away by email for $20.
NOTE: if sending the photo from a phone or other mobile device, ensure you do not further compress the photo file or it may be rejected. Check your settings.
Work visa photos for New Zealand are now mostly done online with digital files to upload. I can do these correctly and email the photo file to you.
Do I need to worry about...?
10 year New Zealand biometric passport photos
You're going to be stuck with your NZ passport photo for the next ten years, so it makes sense to get a good photo that you're happy with.
I am a professional photographer who is also a specialist in passport and visa photos. I use good lighting and a good camera, and I take care to make high quality photos for around the same price as most other providers that are not necessarily experienced photographers.
Dutch passport photos
Yes, I can do them!
If you're making a special trip to the Netherlands Embassy in Wellington for your Dutch passport, you may need photos taken earlier or later than I'm regularly open. This can usually happen. Please email me for an appointment, or phone 027 444 3899.
Different types of passport & visa photos
- New Zealand passport & visa photos - 35 x 45mm, neutral, light grey background (not white!) - pricing as above, sheet of 4 or 8 photos provided. Digital files for uploading (for adult NZ passport renewal) are provided by email
- Australian, UK, EU passport and visas, similar to NZ (some important differences) - pricing as above
- US passport, visa, Greencard photos - 2" or 51mm square, digital file suitable for US visa provided, tested using US State Dept photo checker, so guaranteed to upload correctly
- Canadian passport photos - two photos provided, with an extra two for good measure. Info will be written on the back as specified.
- Canadian visa photos can now be uploaded online with your visa application. Suitable digital files available.
- Dutch passport photos - yes, I can do them! If you're making a special trip to Wellington and require an appointment time outside my listed hours, please email me or phone 04 382 9502 or 027 444 3899
- Indian visa & passport photos - similar to US ones but grey background, - 51mm square. Digital file available.
- Malaysian passport photos - white background, 35x50mm. See note on clothing, above.
- China (48x33mm), Hong Kong, Vietnam (40x60mm), Laos, Cambodia - white background
- Turkish passport photos, 10x15cm print available.
- Schengen visa for Europe - similar to NZ passport photo and most European photos - no problem
- Other countries not mentioned above - usually no problem. It will help if you have the specifications available
- Applications for university, language courses, employment forms, etc - yes, no problem
- Also we do photos for licenses and permits, such as for scuba diving, firearms licenses, martial arts certification, JET applications, APEC cards, medical certification, police checks, international drivers licenses, etc, you name it.