www.PassportPhotosWellington.co.nz - expert service, guaranteed results.
Professional photos for passport, immigration, visa and ID. Instant printing.
Digital files available for New Zealand and all international passport and visa photos. Photographer: James Gilberd, B.Des.(phot.).
- Photospace, 1st floor, 37 Courtenay Place, Wellington, New Zealand.
Photospace is the only location in the Courtenay Place area that offers a full range of instant, biometric passport, visa & ID photos.
Hours: walk-in times, updated daily
I am available to take walk-in passport, visa & ID-type photos during the times listed below. If you're making a special trip, bringing a baby or your entire family, it's helpful to email or phone 04 382 9502 for an appointment.
- Tuesday 16th October - 10am-4pm, just come in (busy 12.30-1.30pm)
- Wednesday 17th October - 11am-4pm, just come in (busy before 11am)
- Thursday 18th October - sorry, not available today
- Friday 19th October - 10am-4pm, just come in
- Saturday 20th October - 11am-4pm, just come in
- Monday 22nd October - CLOSED for Labour Day
- Tuesday 23rd October - 10am-4pm, just come in.
If you need a profile photo for business purposes, you will need to make an appointment, as it's a more complex photo shoot done in the main studio.
Pricing (cost per person)
Online passport renewal for New Zealanders
It is now usual for adult and children's NZ passports to be renewed online, and to get first-time adult passports online. This system is a world first and works very well. See www.passports.govt.nz
We can supply a suitable, tested photo file straight away by email for $20.
NOTE: if sending the photo from a phone or other mobile device, ensure you do not further compress the photo file or it may be rejected. Check your settings.
Do I need to worry about...?
10 year New Zealand biometric passport photos
You're going to be stuck with your NZ passport photo for the next ten years, so it makes sense to get a good one that you're happy with.
I am a professional photographer who is also a specialist in passport and visa photos. I use good lighting and a good camera, and I take care to make high quality photos for around the same price as most other providers that are not trained, experienced photographers.
Dutch passport photos
Yes, I can do them!
If you're making a special trip to the Netherlands Embassy in Wellington for your Dutch passport, you may need photos taken earlier or later than I'm regularly open. This can usually happen. Please email me for an appointment, or phone 027 444 3899.
Different types of passport & visa photos
- New Zealand passport & visa photos - 35 x 45mm, neutral, light grey background (not white!) - pricing as above, sheet of 4 or 8 photos provided. Digital files for uploading (for adult NZ passport renewal) are provided by email
- Australian, UK, EU passport and visas, similar to NZ (some important differences) - pricing as above
- US passport, visa, Greencard photos - 2" or 51mm square, digital file suitable for US visa provided, tested using US State Dept photo checker, so guaranteed to upload correctly
- Canadian passport photos - two photos provided, with an extra two for good measure. Info will be written on the back as specified.
- Canadian visa photos can now be uploaded online with your visa application. Suitable digital files available.
- Dutch passport photos - yes, I can do them! If you're making a special trip to Wellington and require an appointment time outside my listed hours, please email me or phone 04 382 9502 or 027 444 3899
- Indian visa & passport photos - similar to US ones but grey background, - 51mm square. Digital file available.
- Malaysian passport photos - white background, 35x50mm. See note on clothing, above.
- China (48x33mm), Hong Kong, Vietnam (40x60mm), Laos, Cambodia - white background
- Turkish passport photos, 10x15cm print available.
- Schengen visa for Europe - similar to NZ passport photo and most European photos - no problem
- Other countries not mentioned above - usually no problem. It will help if you have the specifications available
- Applications for university, language courses, employment forms, etc - yes, no problem
- Also we do photos for licenses and permits, such as for scuba diving, firearms licenses, martial arts certification, JET applications, APEC cards, medical certification, police checks, international drivers licenses, etc, you name it.