COVID-19 UPDATE: We are open for passport, visa, and profile photos at Alert Level 2.
- NO WALK-INS, PLEASE. You will have to make an appointment. Appointments are available at 30 minute intervals - see page.
- Checking in using the QR code poster or manual check in is required for all visitors (manual list is kept private).
- Please wear a facemask (except briefly during the photography : - )
- Do not enter the office if there are people already in there. Please wait outside in the hallway or gallery until the other customers leave.
- Do not enter the building if you have any cold-or 'flu-like symptoms or you have been told to self-isolate.
- Please obey all of the new, updated rules for Alert Level 2.
- Also, your patience is appreciated. I am running the business single-handed and this is a difficult and stressful time for everyone.
Photospace Studio -
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | 04 382 9502, 10am-3pm | 027 444 3899
My photography studio is located at 37 Courtenay Place, Wellington, upstairs from the Sahara and Cha restaurants and opposite Allen St and the BNZ bank. I've been here since 1998, but the 1st floor has a history of housing photography studios, including O'Neill's Photographics from the1960s to early 90s, and Boyer & Robson's 'Courtenay Studios' from 1920 to 1932.
Passport photos and visa photos are my specialty. More info and available times.
The photos can be printed and/or emailed to you straight away. Pay by Eftpos, Visa, Mastercard, cash.
Profile photos / professional headshots / cv photos / commercial portraits/ portfolio shots for models, actors, musicians, etc, publicity photos for artists & bands, can all be taken in the studio here. You will need to make an appointment for these services. (Location shoots also.)
New profile photo option available: studio session with one finished high-resolution photo of your choice from the proofs - $95.00 including GST
Photographs of paintings and other artworks for catalogues, awards entry, insurance and other recording is also a specialty, as is copying old photographs for display, digital storage and preservation purposes. Photos can be repaired and made clearer by Photoshop techniques and printed up for framing.
We also run part-time photography courses & workshops - please visit www.photocourse.nz
There is a good size studio for general commercial photography, portraits, etc, and the studio is available for hire. You can also visit Photospace Gallery and Gilberd Marriott Gallery while you're here. Photographs and other artworks by leading and emerging NZ artists are shown in frequently changing exhibitions, and are available for sale.
You're going to be stuck with your New Zealand passport photo for the next 10 years, so it makes sense to get a good photo that you're happy with.
I am a professional photographer and also a specialist in passport and visa photos. I use good lighting and a pro camera, and I take care to make good-looking photos for around the same price as most other providers that are not trained, experienced photographers. Most photos are $25 or $20.